December 9th, 2010 04:17 am (UTC)
Re: Jesus did not exist
(1) None of those NT documents were written within the same generation as Jesus lived and vast majority are hundreds of years later. Only St Paul's writing are close to the original dates, and he is a person who never himself met Jesus except for in a vision! The evidence is not trustworthy at all.
(2) Give example early texts that talk about the life of Jesus, please.
(3) The vast majority of records are to do with the well-off; the richer the family, the more likely there are to be written records. 95% of all the illiterate and poor, thousands of years ago, are completely lost to hsitory.
(4) Jewish leaders didn't mention Jesus-the-Messiah (Jesus was otherwise a common name like "Simon" or "Dave" today). Neither did Jewish historians of the time; Josephus. Your idea about Jewish leaders result from texts written about them by Christians, much, much later.
(5) Lee Strobel is an absolutely terrible source of information, especialy on history (and science) - he's a fundamentalist, creationist, anti-science, anti-history, prolific preacher whose interest is in promoting his religion, not in discovering truth.